Wacom Intuos manga

Hello, :o
First of all, I’m new here so I apologize if I have post this thread in a wrong forum, in that case feel free to place it in a correct forum.

So I wanted to buy a Wacom Intuos Manga, but I’m not so sure: I just want to know you if any of you have already bought it and you’re having some kind of issues with Blender. Also, since it has 4 customizable buttons I was wondering if those will work in Blender too.

Here is the link for the graphic tablet: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-tablets/intuos-manga

Thanks for your answers!:slight_smile:

Hi if you after 1024 pressure
i recommend getting old model cth - 670
but its hard to find because its already phasing out

if you using it for blender 4 button is not enough
you will probably use keyboard + tablet and will disregard the button

about pressure : they are the same
about pen : the Intuos Manga has lighter pen weight while bamboo is heavy
about texture : intuos manga texture is more paper like while bamboo is like White Board
about button : bamboo design location of button is more wise than manga intuos

i bought manga intuos last year to replace my bamboo because there is small at crack board but still working but sadly they all phase out

but after several days i resell it because im not use to paper texture
i suggest you go to wacom store and do conduct test which suits you so you wont regret buying

misc Accessory :

smudge guard for easy gliding when doing lines more like stablizer

Thank you so much for your answer :3.
You see, I’ve tried its texture and it isn’t so disgusting to me. What I really want to know is if it gives you any kind of problem while using it in blender. I’m used to the keyboard shortcuts, but I just wanted to know if I could use the some bottoms :).

hi i reread your first post sorry for misunderstanding

If your going to use tablet as a mouse and use it for hard surface modelling + sculpting and navigation
yes it is possible to re config

the 2 buttons at pen can be config as mouse button

but if you want more complex to invent your own workflow like
mine

ex. photoshop style of navigation

i remap it to photoshop because the muscle memory or i want to sycn 2D application to 3D application so i have no trouble switching back and forth

we all know the universal shortcut for 2D application for Panning for 2D application program like . GIMP Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Painter etc… is Space

i remap space into pan in blender …
while the 2 button at my pen is CTRL and ALT ( wacom setting )

if i want to zoom in i will hold the ctrl at pen then combine with space ( photoshop default for zooming in and out )

if i hold alt + space it rotate the 3d view <= thou this is not the default rotation for photoshop

the reason why i add alt and ctrl to pen because
alt and ctrl is very important and the most used button when executing hotkeys

Explanation :

your drawing hand or the pen has the modifier which is CTRL or ALT while your other hand is station at keyboard

if you combine buttons at pen ( Left hand ) + the keyboard ( right hand ) single key
to execute shortcut key

your both hand is working the same time + it will be station and not leave
this is just an example workflow of mine and

you can see it is possible to use tablet in blender either hard surface modeling because i saw some people they only use it for sculpting

anyway the input editor in blender so powerful than other 3d application

as a tablet user it really benifited me there is totally freedom
but it will take time to remap keys wisely so it will be effectively fast

when using the Tablet vs Mouse

i forgot to mention that removing conflicts is a tiring task

also another tip
the gizmo transform Rotate Scale widgets is more userfriendly and effective when using tablet
than the default Free Grab Rotate Scale

Summary :
so far i dont have any problem these kind of setup with blender + tablet there is no bugs either
anyway

the above post is just example workflow mine . im pretty sure there is more other several ways to make the tablet more effective when using blender .

about the 4 button yes it will work perfectly unless your tablet is broken
sorry for bad english

Thanks you both for your advise! :o I think I would give it a try. :wink: