Prevent particles from being generated between frames

Hello. Is there any way to prevent particles from being generated between frames? I want to make a plane that is emitting particles “disappear” (by moving it out of the camera in just one frame) However, this leaves a trail of particles, which makes me think they are being generated between the two frames.

Edit: I noticed they don’t appear on the viewport, only when the image is rendered

Here’s the blend if anyone wants to mess with it. On frame 42, the plane that is emitting particles at the vertices (the vertices being out of camera) is shrinked to the normal size, leaving particles on its way.
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/34622

You could use non-rendered collision planes to kill the particles during the frame. If you have enough collision planes, the particles will be immediately killed and won’t show up in animations or renders for that frame. See the animation in the attached blend file for an example. Note that the collision planes are hidden in the example, so you have to unhide them to see exactly what’s going on in the file.

Otherwise, it might be easier to leave Plane.001, Plane.005, and Plane.013 small all the time and use multiple particle systems with identical emission rates to turn their emission on and off - one particle system for frames 1-29, another for frames 42-130, and another for frame 141 onward.

Objects with Controlled Emission.blend (2.63 MB)