Low key studio fun.

Hello again everyone,

I finally had some spare time during last few weeks and decided to play a bit with some of my chocofur models. It resulted in these 10 “low key” studio renderings which is I think my favorite area of doing 3D graphics. I tried to achieve as much as possible with Cycles only so all dof and volumetric effects were rendered out. Then of course I applied some color adjustments in Photoshop.

What you see above is video camera model inspired by Sony FDR-AX100 camera.

Here you can see an old-school, analog camera inspired by medium format “Moskva” camera.

Above is another camera model, inspired by DSLR Nikon D800. I know hardcore Nikon fans will get upset than not all details are matched perfectly but… the camera was supposed to be a nice looking example that would fit most of the renderings (especially arch-viz interiors).

Last but not least comes one of my favourite chocofur models - wooden T-rex puzzle. I really love the look of it and perhaps one day I’ll be able to create a short step motion animation with it (one of many dreams huh…).

All the models can be found here, hope you like these sets. Feel free to ask any questions!
Happy Blending!

Attachments

Wow!!!Amazing renderings. I really like the DOF and your lighting.
Great job.

Wow, just beautiful! These are awesome renders! Great job. The lighting is perfect. :slight_smile:

I wish I could light like that. Any tutorial videos?

Very well done. Makes me jealous.

outstanding renders, I can’t believe they’re not in the top row… likely because there are too many:) Love the models, composition, lighting the textures are beautiful.

excellent work! and thanks for all the great models you’ve shared on blendswap:)

I refuse to believe that the last camera render is not a photo haha.

Really great job mate.

Hey everyone, thanks for your appreciation and comments! I’ve also uploaded few comparisons between original render, final and 3D mesh. There will be also a small making off available soon.

Pretty clean marketing result. Nice composition, eye catchy DOF.

Amazing renders. You’ve got solid skills mate. Well done.

Ok… you did again!, I recieve x1000 inspiration, this is outstanding the level of detail you handle on your works sir!
the most incredible of all this is the lighting on render stage looks pretty well, the compositing give a additional value!

Sir I give you my five points if I could give you 1000 points I would do but I can’t, I hope you can reach the top row, because you artwork with blender is 100% profetional, I think much people can be inspired a lot with this results.

a pair of questions:

how many time you have working on CG?
you are totally focus on archictecture and product visualization?

These look so real. the texturing, modeling and lighting is really topnotch…

Really Nice! Great work

Hey guys, thank you very much for your comments!
@joseperez: I’ve been doing CG since around 2009 - 2010. My main areas of focus are arch-viz, product visualization and CG for print. I also work as a graphic designer and a bit as an architect. Really thanks for your appreciation and honesty :slight_smile:

Wow. This is amazing Dude! Very very realistic. Superancko!

Absolute pro to the max!!

That is ridiculously good!

awesome work

Really nice work!!! Can you tell how you did the stiching of the leather handle?

in your wireframe shows a textured surface - is that image overlay or a normal map preview?