Blender compositing nodes, do the same thing in photoshop!

Hi

In Blender you can use these nodes settings for putting a Picture togheter (se picture). And it works very well.
Now I have tried to do the same thing in Photoshop with the same input Pictures. But the result I get in not the same.

For ADD in Blender i have in Photoshop used Linear Dodge (add)
And for Multiply in Blender I have in Photoshop used Multiply
But the Picture I get in Photoshop is not the same as in Blender.

Any one how can tell me what i am doing wrong?

//W

Attachments

In Photoshop, if you don´t tell it otherwise the layer will be added or multiplied with all layers beneath it. This is not what is supposed to happen. You want the add direct to indirect and then multiply the result with color.
The way you do that in Photoshop is Alt Clicking onto the line separating two layers. A small arrow will appear an this will tell Photoshop to add or multiply the top layer with the layer benath it but not with the rest of it.

So what you want to do is put glossy color on the bottom of your glossy group.
above this put glossy direct
above this glossy indirect

Now alt click the line between glossy direct and indirect.
Set direct to “linear dodge (add)”
set indirect to “multiply”

Do this for all groups and then set the groups themselves to “linear dodge (add)”.

Thanks for your replay Lumpengnom, but I can´t getting it to work
Here are the files: (Removed) that I have used, all rendered i Blender
The end result should look like the RGB file when you have used all the rest of the files.
If anyone have the possiblities to try they are welcome to do so.

/W

That are 8 bit png files. Assembling an image with 8 bit passes won´t work because they can not hold the necessary dynamic range needed to do all the math. Blender renders with 32 bit and if you want to assemble an image in an external programm you have to save them as 32 bit files. You can use either openExr which can hold all passes in one image. Depending on which version of Photoshop you use you might need a plugin. You can also save them in the radiance (.hdri). Photoshop reads the latter fine without plugins but you will have to save every pass as a single image.
After assembling the image and adjusting whatever you want to adjust you will probably have to turn it into a 16 or 8 bit image for further processing. A lot of Photoshops functions don´t work with 32 bit images.

Thanks Lumpengnom, now it works, when I changed to 32Bit.

/W