Studio

I posted this over in finished, but I suppose I should have posted here instead.

Please critique.

I really like the composition, colours and materials you’ve used. It makes you want to walk into the other room and explore. The lighting feels real too. I’m only a newbie to 3D myself, but as just a second opinion from another pair of eyes: the thing that threw me as unrealistic was the material draped over the chair on the left, which looks like a PVC fabric, like the kind of material you get on the side of a lorry (was that what you were going for?). It might be the folds/ripples that feel unnatural. Otherwise, great stuff!

I think the conmtemporary art painting isent realy in harmony with the rest of the scene. I realy like the carpet it look very fluffy.

Great, I like it, i think the white material of the chairs look like clay and the clothe in the chair at the left side look like latex but that´s all

Wow, first I was ready to write:“And where is the rendered picture? You posted only a photo of your model!” … but then I realized it’s really your work.

What made me notice it was the bump of the floor. It’s a little bit to much. But that’s it. Everything is fine.

The cloth on the chair looks like plastic. Maybe you can reduce the shininess a little bit (or just remove it, because less is more sometimes … you’re choice).

One advice: make a copy of it and reduce it to black and white. Then place them side by side. Maybe then you can notice something you could change. This is a tip from a book about digital art.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it.

I am definitely going to fix that cloth. I was shooting for a velvety look but even that was a wise miss. Not to mention, it wouldn’t go with the scene.

Good tip. I read something about that recently but it had to do with when you were composting footage together. DIdn’t think you could use it like you suggest. Will do!

Thanks
Ed

I like your work. Wonderful composition. Changing the texture of the clothe on the chair, everything I find it ok.
Nice work for me.