11 second club Feb WIP

Here’s the blocking pass and lipsync for 11 second entry this month. Got to keep it pretty simple as I’m finishing another big project, but something to do while I render :slight_smile:

Just the first pop through, though I’ve kept the swivel chair smooth for clarity. Aiming for very simple this time, and trying for a little subtlety. Any CCs welcome :slight_smile: Cheers.

Oh and the rig is ‘Biff’ by Denny Lindberg http://www.dennylindberg.com

I like the facial expressions. I do however think it looks weird that some parts are constant, while other parts have interpolation. Kind of a half block/ half spline sort of thing. That throws me off.

I like when he points up at frame 300 “but to them”

I like how when he says “its a sphere” his hands are in a rough sphere shape. I think it would be cool if he makes an actual sphere motion with his hands. Kind of like he is turning an invisible ball in his hands. Likewise, I think it would be cool for him to do a circular motion with his hands when he says “its a circle”

I love the ending facial expression as well!

Lastly, in your description you mentioned a swivel chair. I didn’t know what you were taking about until after I watched this a few times. It is unclear that he is on a chair, because you can’t really see it in the shot that well.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m with you on all of it :slight_smile: Unfortunately my desktop had a major issue the other day, so I’ve been in recovery mode, and won’t finish this on time. I’d like to wrap it up when I get the chance though.

I should probably pull the camera out a bit to see more of the chair :slight_smile: Cheers.

OK, computer happy again (touch wood), so did another couple of passes. Only one more polish pass in me for this now, but still keen for any feedback and ideas. Thanks!

The second time looks much better. Goodluck with the desktop, that’s no fun:no:

Looks cool, Hammers. I feel you plan to fix the lipsync and the finger animation in the polish stage. Lipsync is way off at the moment. Also the elbow/chair penetration. The torso could use some offset. You can add some rotation to the character’s right shoulder before that hand enters the screen, that should help make it bit more organic. Not sure about where he is looking at through the shot, his eyes are all over the place. At the beginning he starts with looking almost behind him. At the end of the shot her looks to the top right corner of the screen. Also, there’s a great moment in the audio (a sigh) as he finishes now to us…(breathe out) you can use that as the point of transition from one thought process to the other. Also add some rotation to make the exhale read.

Looks good. All the best.

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

@BlenderArien Some good ideas here. I’ll definitely look at that shoulder, and yeah the penetration was on my list. I’m a bit sad you think the lipsync is so bad, cos I was pretty happy with it… ah well. As far as the eyes go, My thinking was that he’s talking to someone across from him, but only making occasional eye contact, looking out the window at the start. i might add in another figure and see if that helps sell it, and have a closer look at his eyes.
Appreciate the feedback greatly. Cheers.

Ahh, i see. Yes a window would sell the idea. I feel you can make him lost in his thoughts by having his eyes fixed to one place till he says now to US ( when he looks up at his listener).
About the lipsync, well it wont read well till you make the O, M/P, V/W shape proper and the mouth opening and closing on time.

Cheers.