3DR to OBJ models invisible?

As you can probably tell, I’m new here, but I have had some experience with Blender. Anyway, the point is, I’ve been using a program called 3D Ripper DX to rip some (bionicle) models off its game (Glatorian Arena 3), I notice the obj option for it, but when I try to open the OBJ in Blender, its invisible. And that’s why I am here, to ask if anyone knows why its invisible, or could help me. This thing means a lot to me, and I’d really appreciate help.

I have opened it in Silo 2, and Bodypaint 3D. In BP 3D, it actually loads, but its rather small. I also recently got the newest version of Blender 2.73a. If by request, I can show a picture of the model (or should I say multiple meshes, because the ripper ripped other models) next to a blender object i.e. cube.

Thanks!

Had to make the importing file a 3DS (via Silo 2) for blender to open to save as a blend file.

3DS File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KKeVx5OK4mZ3F2SF9hUC03WkU/view?usp=sharing

OBJ File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KKeVx5OK4mM01IU0tBT0kwelk/view?usp=sharing (blender won’t open it as it comes up with an error for me)

SOLVED!

Attachments

bionicle.blend (655 KB)

There are countless threads on the same subject, there is a forum search option

Have you tried opening the .obj in another application
Does it contain real information (file size look ok, open in text editor)
Does the object show in the outliner window ?
Maybe it has come in very very small, have you checked ?
Maybe it has come in very very big, have you checked ?

Please ALWAYS attach or post a link to a blend file rather than everyone else having to only use guesswork.
Post a link to your obj file and the blend file after you have imported it

Also check the clipping settings in the N-toolshelf

I’ve opened it in Silo 2, and Bodypaint 3D (demo). It actually appears in BP 3D, but I can’t do anything with it that I wanted to because of that being a demo (no saving or exporting allowed). The file size is reasonably 15MB and I assume that it is very very small from seeing it in BP 3D. I’m sorry I can’t add an attachment as Blender comes up with an error when I try to even open the file, so I can’t save as a Blend. So I can’t really do anything to show here.

I believe it is very very small. How can I fix this?

The .3ds files appear to have no vertex data

The .obj blender import fails with an error and the .obj crashes zbrush. Whatever application you are using the create a .obj it’s doing a crap job of it.
Open the .obj in Meshlab (tells you there are errors). Export as .obj and this will load into blender

Thank you, that is if it all works fine after I deal with it in Meshlab.