Bgmc 15 | X.A.N.D.E.R

It isn’t as finished as I hoped it to be, but it is still playable and fun.

Important to note - only the last enemy boss can be destroyed the rest are impenetrable

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMeTY1eDVpcTR0eUE/view?usp=sharing

I hope everything works, any comments are welcome

Fredstash

P.s. Good luck to everyone else

Out of all the games I’ve tried today yours was the one that made my girlfriend laugh! We found the music, environment and game play strangely enticing and entertaining. Full marks for fun! I found being able to right the mech a nice touch and it followed the ground nicely.

Is there any way to aim down/up? I found it quite tricky to hit the guards at the entrance unless I was stood on a hill facing down. Also, the moment felt a little slow when trying to dodge enemy fire.

Thanks for all of the comments, I could potentially increase the size of the tanks in order to make it easier, or I could implement some way to aim better, And I don’t understand what you mean by

the moment felt a little slow when trying to dodge enemy fire.

If you would like I could improve this eventually, I wish I had thought to do that before now, And now after your comment I may eventually add more levels to my game.

Thanks for playing, good luck on your own game (I will play eventually, I haven’t gotten to trying the other ones yet)

Fredstash

P.S. I just threw together that music on garage band right before submitting it.

Increasing the tank size might work. Sorry, i meant movement, not moment! Musics not bad for something last minute.

I fixed the problem of the tank being too small, and I added the ability to move the turret (using the up/down keys).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMdHpwRUQ3cDUtWGc/view?usp=sharing

I don’t expect this to be part of the judging, but I wanted to fix those small things to make my game more fun for when I continue work on it

Thanks for commenting so far

Fredstash

I found this game fun and challenging especially how the player can get propelled in a random direction. I think the controls were a little strange, using the shift key meant that a sticky keys notification popped up if I was shooting too often. Also in small spaces (second level) turning the mech was a bit of a problem as the camera would be behind the wall and you can’t see what you are doing. Apart from this it was good.

Not gonna bother with a complete good/bad review right now, sleepy time beckons.

Few things though:
-Health bar is all glitchy, just like it was in Inuit Man. Only happens when using 2.72, .71 works fine.
-The music fits the tone pretty well
-Over-the-top, frustrating controls >:[
-Shouldn’t have to hold “shift” to fire the turret

One last thing, I downloaded the updated file from post #5, the second level isn’t included in it.
Hadn’t played the original so I thought that’s all the game was. Level 2 is definitely more enjoyable, though I couldn’t defeat the boss.

Sorry about the shift key, I use Apple so it works best for me sorry about the keys, any suggestions for keys, and I will replied the second one, but the second level doesn’t really need the update.

Thanks for commenting.
Fredstash

I found out the problem, the second level was on a weird layer I fixed it, and put it in this current file, And you mentioned the camera, I had the left/right arrow keys set to zoom and rotate because I could’t find a solution thought the week.

Here is the most recent sorry about the mix up (No change other than the second level being on the right layer): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMbThwRXlLbVlheWs/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the comments, and good luck

Fredstash

Everything happened so slowly, but that may have been what made getting knocked around fun.