BGMC 15 | Rogue Bot

Hello folks, heres my work in progress entry for the BGMC 15. I began this project on Wednesday.

The player is the blue robot. The goal is to fight off the packs of red robots that are ambushing you. The robot’s limbs expand in size when they attack, something I saw in an nes game called Battle Toads. The player is always outnumbered by enemies, but can knock them into each other to gain the upper hand. If the player is knocked over by an enemy, they have to get up quickly before multiple enemies surround them and stomp on them.

Theme: Earth is occupied by an AI that controls a robot army. One of their jobs is to seek out and destroy other robots not controlled by their central network. One robot from this army mysteriously becomes disconnected from the network and disappears from their ranks. This rogue robot is now the robot army’s most wanted target.

I’m excited to see the all the games people will come up with. Earlier this week I played the games from BGMC 14, and it inspired me to try this year’s competition. Good luck on your games everyone!

Thanks,
cPulsoni

Interesting punches ! I wish you good luck.

Will he make more damage with the big arms? (last part of your video)

Thanks RockyMadio.

I’m not sure about the big arms yet. To be honest, the arms staying big after the clapping motion was an unintended bug. My plan was to only have his arms get big during the impact of his punches. The bug first occurred while I was recording the video. I decided to keep it in the video and am now considering making it a feature. Maybe a power up to make the arms temporarily larger and stronger? Although he might not need such a thing considering the normal punches can already blast enemies into the sky.

this is a good idea - good luck :eyebrowlift:

This looks like a cool idea, seems a little too easy though considering if one (defeated) enemy touches another, they both are blasted away.

Looks like it has some potential though, Best of luck!

Maybe you just put a keyframe for scaling the hands?

Cool, looks good!~

Is it a rougebot?
or a Roguebot?

Silly me. Yes it is Rogue. Thanks.