cupcake up for feedback

Hey everyone, I recently posted a cupcake-scene inside the “finished projects” - section. However my render didn’t seem to draw any attention so I guess there has to be something wrong with it.

Feedback is a very big deal to me, because I think it’s the very best way to improve, so I decided to (re)post the scene here for some serious feedback.

Be as mean as you want :wink:

The sun is so bright it draws the viewer’s attention. Also, the cupcake looks a little odd. Maybe you should add a little bump mapping?

I m tempted to say the contraty on the sun part but in the end the conclusion is the same.

This big bright blob of light hurt my eyes, so it actualy draw my atention in the other direction, but even looking at the cupcake, it still hurt. It may work on a printed version but on a screen its more painfull than interesting.

I like the materials, the black confettis and cake batter part look not as good as the others.

Thank you very much for the feedback, this definitely helps me improve the render.

The lighting on the scene is great. but as mentioned before the left portion is WAY too bright.

Try keeping that background as you’re scenes lighting, and have your camera see a darker version of the image.

I’ve attached a node setup to explain what i mean.

p.s - the raspberries look great!

Attachments

Whilst the material on the fairy cake looks great, the modelling on it is a bit too uniform and regular. Yours looks a bit more like the cupcake had been baked and then put into the cupcake case, rather than being baked in the case. I’d add a little more variation and perhaps a bit of greasiness. I like this image as a reference:

I like your raspberries with light glowing through.

Thanks for the comments, the image is already improving a lot iwth your tips!

Thanks for the reference image I din’t think about that