Sintel (or other Blender open movie) used by others?

In a class I am taking in my sparetime, one assignment is about licenses. This led me to the fantastic movie Sintel. As I understand it, the work (files, images, movie) can be used by anyone, including commercially, aslong as you include “© copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org”.
I am curious, are there any examples of where Sintel/Durian has been used?
Thanks

…deleted - it’s probably not a good idea to put a link to such a site…

And they didnt even bother to change the name! Or should it be seen as an homage to the movie?
At least have credits?

Big Buck Bunny was used in a cell phone commercial in which a couple of kids are watching a movie on their cell phone. It’s the scene where the bird gets bonked on the head and falls off the branch.

Steve S

Tears of Steel was used for an Intel demo of their 4K playback on tablets, if I remember correctly.

BBB is used EVERYWHERE to show off everything from new cell phones to 4k TV screens at trade shows. I must have seen it in a hundred different places at this point.

Interesting, are they showing credits?

Are any of the open movies really using a copyright license? The Blender Foundation is very against any kind of copyright so I’d be surprised if they used it on their movies.

Sintel uses “Creative Commons Attribution 3.0” license. So I guess credits should be shown?
Link: https://durian.blender.org/sharing/

Technically, yes. Creative Commons licenses are still based on copyright. AFAIK, all of the open projects use the Attribution (i.e. CC-BY) variation of the license. So these projects (and their assets) can be used anywhere so long as the Blender Foundation is credited.

I see, that does sound sensible indeed. Thanks for the information.

The Blender Foundation is using other peoples car design copyrights in its DVD about cars I guess.

Not having yet brought the DVD I can not say for sure!

If you’re referring to this DVD, you should note that isn’t produced by the Blender Foundation. That’s a CG Masters tutorial set.

If you’re going to level a claim, please be sure you’re accurate about it.

Ah yeah! You are right there Fweeb.

I just looked in the Store and did n’t realise Blender was selling it out of the goodness of its heart.

The law is more clear about gambling and what youngsters are seeing and talking about. They are outside the Provence of any others communication and so, interestingly, the advertisers chose Blenders images for their illustrations!