Looking for work section?

The way I have seen other art forums such as polycount work, is they have a “paid work” section and a “looking for freelance work” where people post their portfolios when actively seeking work.

Is there any chance these forums will get that as well? I like to browse artists portfolios real quick and decide which ones to contact instead of having a bunch of people (and potentially amateur kids) email me with their pricing rates.

I’m usually on some other game related forums in which people don’t use Blender much and I wanted to scout the talent around here but there is no portfolio section…

Hopefully a moderator agrees. It would be really beneficial.

As an artist who frequent this thread and send PMs to potential clients, I agree with this approach… OTOH, a forum may not be the best (most practical) way of looking for artists or presenting yourself as one.

Anyone could still post their portfolio no matter the “quality” of their work.

My 2c.

Check out the forum Gallery. These are chosen by our moderators, and generally have five star ratings from other BlenderArtists. People who are actively looking for work generally have links to their blogs or demo reels in their signatures.

I agree that we need this!

It just makes putting yourself out there easier and for those looking for artists it’s easier. That being said, how do you filter work specific (texturing vs modeling vs animation)?

The forum gallery is not the best as you would have to go through everyone’s work and shift through the ones that actually want to receive work and others don’t have their details. People also don’t really think about looking there. This is work specific and would really benefit artists and those looking for artists.

Moved from “Jobs > Paid Work” to “Support > Blender Artists Website Support”

To my knowledge, there are no plans to add a “looking for work” section to the site. The Blender Network already fills that need rather well.

Ill check that out. I still dont believe that is what we are looking for. As far as I know, that website is connecting with blender people, and not representing people looking for work. I hire people after viewing their portfolio(resume), because they said they wanted work. I would check out polycount.com and look at their jobs section. I have hired people before but there are a lot of people to sift through.
These are also updated when people are actively seeking vs they got hired for a freelance job and dont have time.

The forum gallery here is just that, a gallery. That doesnt mean people looking for work.

It would be beneficial to this community.

Blender Network is specifically for people looking for work (and people interested in hiring them). That’s what’s being networked on that site. It’s a technological replacement for when people used to (and I’m sure still do) email Ton asking for recommendations on hiring Blender artists.