Bgmc 15 | Kaily - The Canceler

Hi everyone,

well this is my first thread for a Blender Game Making Challenge. I am not really good at tying myself with a project for a short time. This project is now a good chance for me to improve myself.

Plot:

In 2022, the world’s robot technology has been improved massively. People live and stay in protection of most advanced humanoid robots. One day, a crazy scientist releases a powerful bug that can attach on robot. Especially these will manipulate them and make them work for him. His target is military robot because they are most dangerous and difficult to control. Humanity is now in danger.

Stopping manipulated military robots is a very difficult task. Kaily - a confident and talented girl volunteers to cancel those robots.

So, the game type i am aiming for is a small hack’ n’ slash game. !

Today i started to work on the mesh of the protagonist. The original high res mesh was done in Zbrush and Blender and had 3 milions polygons. I also built a low poly version of it which has 5k polygons and redetailed it with a normal map.

The skeleton is also prepared. I used the given metarig in blender and extended it with some constraint movers for her arms and legs so those would be easy to animate.

I want to make the character look at player when the camera moves closer to her face and appears in her sight angle. So i separated the head. I am not really good at using real time constraint so i think this will be the best way for me to make something like that. I hope i have enough time to rig the face animation.

Inspiration: Hit girl from Kickass

Alright, thank you for reading. Let’s begin.

These are few movements and the attack combo I made for her and . Her clothes are meshes that lay above her body. During her movements these meshes wont show the skin (not too much), because it has a good offset and same weight like the body. With that i could also add a logic to adjust color for the clothes.

I have to admit this is looking pretty good, the rig looks better than anything I could ever build and the model itself, for only having just over 3k verts, looks amazing as well.

Best of luck with your game, it seems to be coming along quite well!

Thank you Thatimster :smiley:

This is the enemy that will always be spawned into the game. He has guns inside his body, i will show it later in next video.

The animations look awesome!

Thanks adrians

thats amazing! i know you dont have a lot of time for details but if i was you i would rework the hairmodel because i dont like the symentry of it (maybe something like in your reference) and is the hairmaterial shadeless? but your models and animations are great! good luck

thanks Liokon. Actually i am not good at modeling hair so i just keep this one for a temporary look. I will try to remake it. Yes it is shadeless

the hair model is fine but why shadeless? that doesnt fit to the rest of the character and looks strange :confused:

The hair texture i am using kinda has some bright areas on it so i just let it like that

haha ok :smiley:

You can make a non-shadeless hair with reflection-mapped texture bright with properties->texture->diffuse->color->0.3. This way they’d look much better…

thanks adrian i will try it

maybe i dont understand adrians solution right but couldnt you achive the same efect with gibing the material emit?

These are some new improvements for 2nd day of the project. The arena i made here is limited by invisible wall but there will be many of these humanoid robots around the girl.

Kaily has 4 states of attack combinations. First attack gives the lowest damage, and the last one has the highest. All player needs to do is just holding 1 key to activate this row of attack. Relatively easy. The main task is to kill as many robots as possible under a countdown. Kaily will soon have a health bar, which will increases difficulty of the game.

Anyway, her hair will be changed in next days.

looks really cool! i know this is work in progress but please add walls or other things where the player can get cover and that make the arena look more interesting (and i hate invisble walls :confused: ) and maybe you will find better dupstep songs than this one. i like the efect when you atack an enemy and the animations are still great!

it is nice work in my opinion This would make it a fight will become cool )))) - good luck ))

Wow … this is looking awesome!

I love it. Feels so retro. ^^

awesome characters, like were this is going… PS also cool stylish animations :slight_smile: