Bug: is it Makehuman or Blender?

Before anyone gets all religious on me, yes, I know some of you consider using mesh building softwares other than Blender to be “cheating”. Let’s take that as read, and agree to disagree, shall we? Ok on to the problem…

This bug or whatever involves Blender, Makehuman and the makewalk plugin. It also involves bvh files.

Symptom: Identical meshes exported (NOT export for ‘rigify’ although it happens there too), one full male, one full female, other than that NO modifications. Just the default meshes from makehuman’s macro tab. Nothing fancy. With me? Ok. Import these as blender exchange (.mhx) files. In the Tools tab under ‘Misc.’, “Reload and Target”. Choose a bvh file, any bvh file (so far this happens in all of them). With me, the female character’s lower legs are bent inward and when she walks/climbs, the lower legs actually cross each other mid-shin it’s so bad. The male character however walks normally. So far this has been the case for all makehuman imports I’ve tried, both simple and complex. It definitely appears to be gender based.

Ubuntu 14.04 with Blender 2.73 and Makehuman 1.02

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Hi Bill_63,

I’ve used both the male and female MakeHuman models and rig (MHX) and have not experienced this problem. I’m assuming that you are using the same action on both models and getting this result! If not you may just have an Action tied to the female character that is just plan bad. I often have to edit the actions, some a little some a lot. That is the nature of the beast.

Really the mesh should not be a factor. The targeting is all rig.

TC