Take me to the Beach

Outside my window is a lot of snow so guess what I’m longing for. This Project starded when I was thinking of doing a desert, sand dunes and snow have many similarites.
But as I have looked at Andrew price tutorial about his Grass Essentials and the project was developed to be a beach instead because I wanted to test out Andrews grass freebie.

Cycles with Volumetric (fog cube), 300 samples took about 8 hours to render.

Let me know what you Think.

I am not an expert of the grass growing at beaches, but I have never seen a beach with an other kind of grass than this:
https://snapr.pw/i/fd6487f28c.png
Since I haven’t seen much beaches outside the Netherlands I can’t tell for sure that the grass you’re using is wrong, but it looks a bit confusing to me.

The distribution of the grass looks quite convincing though.

I don’t know if the grass is right or wrong, I might do some research on that. This grass is the only grass I had, I did’t bought the whole Grass Essential pack, (to expensive for me)

I really like this render. I think that the footprints are a liitle too clean-cut for footprints in sand but I like the atmosphere, with this light and the top of the image that is white and the fact that there is nobody, it looks a bit like a dream. It reminds me some memories. :slight_smile:

I also really like this render and I can agree with Tellurian that it somehow looks dreamy, but as I do live nearly beach I can agree that you could try to find some more fitting grass or make one yourself, the one in example showed by ezra3131 is beautiful. The scene and the composition of it is pretty nice, but it would be nice to add some better details, improve some things and the textures :slight_smile:

Thanks for comment.
I tried to do some sculpting on the footprints but I Think there was to much to handle for my computer, it became very very slow. The grass particlesystem takes a lot of RAM.

Thanks for comment.
I also Think the textures could be better, but this picture I made rather quickly to test the grass freebie from Andrew Price, he have a very nice tutorial on http://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/make-grassy-meadow-scene/

Here in florida you see lots of Grass like his :slight_smile:

Well done on this project, it does have a very slight “dreamy” feel to it, but I like it. I think that the footprints may be spaced a little too far apart. But overall the render captures an inviting beach scene.

My first attempt to do grass of my own. It’s a bit grainy because its only 20 samples.
Have not done anything to the sand yet, it’s only a noisetexture added to a diffuse shader.

Thank you, glad you like it. About the footprints, think of a running person!