Tropical island Demo

Hi guys!
Here is a small previev of island, not finished.
I made it for fun and will post more in the future when it will be finished.

Looks cool, is it Martins upitis water? You could add some grass and bushes, aswell as small palms and flowers;)

Looks good, some suggestions:
-The normal map of the sand looks strange (maybe you don’t activate the normal map option?).
-Add some specular to the sand, and a specular map.
-Maybe another skybox would be good, and some clouds.
-Edge where water and sand overlap looks hard, I think martinsh have one water shader which you can put an stencil to resolve it.
-Add some small rocks, grass and bushes.

The normal map of the sand looks strange

Maybe it isn’t grainy enough? It looks like lumps

Maybe…I also said that thing about normal map option because It looks like pixelated, as when you have deactivate that option:

But I’m really not sure, maybe It’s the video quality.

The water has a density setting, actually, but yes, if you subdivide the water you can make stencil for it(for the reflection texture)…

Oh, right. That too :3

The first problem is the video quality, thats why it looks pixelated.
I’ve got a small problem, how to make realtime shadows more blurry? When i use sun lamp the shadow is pixaleted and doesn’t look like real.

Small update, added night and day system.

You can use variance shadows to get smooth shadows, but The perfomance is worse. That shading and shadows are too dark, try with the light setup showed in this tutorial.

Soon i will post a new version of my tropical island, with better lightning system and LOD… but now I’ve got a huge problem with water shader.
I use latest version of water shader (unlimited planar reflection&refractions) v1.1. This shader use 3 textures for water, reflection tex, refraction tex and normal map tex. How can I add one or two more slots for textures and use them to shade water?
Also I want to add a texture slot with depth and use it to change the density of water.
I’ve looked on the water/underwater shader script v.0.99 but it is not working in my project, and it is too much resource consuming.
I’m also experimenting with waves script with good results.

I’ve maneged to fake the depth of water simple by adding one more texture to the ground with depth texture. then i set density of water to 0 and it is looking good.
But I’cant make any foam effect on the water…

awesom work man!!!
how did you paint your terrain?

Here is some update version.

I’ve still dont know how to make a foam effect on water.
For now the terrain is made from multiple texture and stencil maps, but i will prepare a version using vertex colors for textures.
There are still many things to do to optimize this demo.
I will try to prepare it like a stress test. There will be some options to swith on and off and to check how many frames you can get.

How about make the wind blow palm trees?

you can bake your textures onto a normal map, and get it much more efficient, if your not using those other maps alot.

(from the stencils etc)

The water is amazing now… I might want a tutorial on making this caustics effect…

Very nice work. I like your implementation of Martinsh’s shaders. Just a few things that you really need, such as smaller foliage such as grass, more blending between textures and the ground/rock models. But off to a very nice start.

Here is some progres, added grass, small foliage.

Beautiful! Realloy good!