Working on 11 second club entry

First time I have entered the 11 second club – Feb 2015. Here is my first pass. CC welcome

I like how you’ve kept the hand sliding across the surface of the sphere as he glides around the globe. The rest is coming together nicely as well, just a little too early yet to give much meaningful critique. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

When he says “to us”, he takes a heavy breath, you try to show what his thinking when he makes that sound.

Took me a while to realize that was Gizmoduck.

Ok. Good start.
Since its the first pass, i would say abt the camera. I suggest you have more of his face visible to the camera in the first cut. Or go for a different angle or not have a close up. I would say have him looking towards the 3/4th towards the camera. Its fun to see acting on the face.

About the acting choices, i would like to know the subtext you have in mind for the dialogue. At the moment, I think the composure in the voice isnt matched by the movement. The final statement “But to them, Its a circle.” can have a subtext which shows that he think how naive THEM are. So he could be ridiculing them or showing disgust.

Cheers,

Here is another pass with a low res render.

I moved the camera –

About the subtext – I was actually thinking the opposite, that he is talking about higher dimensional beings, we see the universe as a 3D object, they see it as a 2D object (I guess I had Interstellar on my mind with McConnoughey and all)

And It’s not gizmoduck… I may be planning on releasing a turorial series with this character, and its always better off with a non-copyrighted character. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Wow, daren,

I’ve watched some of your ‘Giants of the Earth’ stuff before, but It wasn’t a story/genre that interested me, so I’ve never commented on your work…

But this piece, it’s great!!! The staging, the movement around the sphere, and the result. Powerful stuff, top notch performance!

Can’t wait to see the end result!

Randy

I see. Looks good. You may want to work on the lip sync though, the part from “Now to us, its a sphere…” the mouth shapes are not readable.
Cheers.

Here is my final – it’s not perfect but I need to put it to bed. Good luck to me!