Mid-poly Character Modeller and Rig

Hello, my name is Brandon and I’m in search of an artist.

What I want: A fully rigged (Face and body) female secretary mesh. Concept drawings will be provided upon inquiry.

What I have to offer: The pay is $35-50 depending on the quality and timeliness of the work, and will be sent via paypal, all aspects of pay are negotiatable.

I’m interested: All you have to do is email me at [email protected] including your name, and a couple examples of previous work.

I look forward to working with you!

It might be worth posting this in the volunteer work forum. $35-50 is not much for the amount of work it would take to model a face based on a sketch and fully rig it. Even a pro working at full speed would take at least a full day or two to finish something like that. I’m sure there are some willing to do it for that price, but you might want to reward them better :).

Hope that helps!
-Nathaniel

Thanks, I’m new to this whole process. I’m going to model it myself, and hopefully $50 would be adequate for a rigging job?
Thanks again

+1 for natewinck comment.

Thanks for the reply, I am new to this kind of thing and should have done more research before posting. Perhaps if I model the mesh myself the pay will be more acceptable? Thanks again

A rough face rig could probably be created in a day, meaning you’re paying someone who has specialized training $6.25/hour, which is below minimum wage. So the short answer is no. Of all the processes that 3D animation involves, rigging is quite possibly one of the hardest to learn and hardest to execute. Thus, riggers will have a higher pay per hour than most other specialities like animators or texture artists. I’ve seen riggers charge anywhere from $20/hour to $50/hour and higher, and usually that’s based on experience and the quality of work you are looking for.

Again, unless you’re willing to pay at least $150 for rigging it might be worth posting this in the volunteer forum where people are looking to gain experience and improve their portfolio without expecting pay.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Nathaniel

Thank you again haha, I’ll keep that in mind next time. You’ve been a huge help and I’ll no doubt be trying the volunteer forums.

Sorry for posting on an solved thread but I’ll sent u an pm about the work.
I think that I’ll can do it for you as I’m currently building an portfolio and are doing this kind of things anyway.
Sent u more info in the pm.