combine different sized scenes in a different sized third scene. mix node.

Hey there,

I am trying to combine 2 scenes with different resolutions in a third scene with also another resolution.
It seems that all scene inputs take their resolution from the scene where I add the compositor nodes to.

Sometimes the real size is shown in the node previews but when i hit render again it renders all into the size of the parent scene.

Any ideas?

The compositor scene has dimensions set in scene properties. Scene input nodes show total of their own dimensions at preview but will be clipped when you send then to the output node. If they’re smaller then use alpha over on a black colour input node and if larger use scale node set to fit.

Hey there,

yes i know. Thats not the point i think.
Here are some screenshots to explain what I mean. I try to render the the second scene (RED) like the texture of a plane (BLACK). On the first screenshot you can see that the node and the result are showing the correct size. Thats because I rendered the second scene right before. When I go to my main scene where I manage all the compositing and hit render again my red scene suddenly takes the resolution of my main scene. Shown in screenshot number 2. Hope that makes it a bit clearer what my problem is.

It really seems the way it is. Its not a bug. Its the way it is programmed. So what is the best way to to fit a scene output to a plane.
At the moment i use crop and scale which is a bit of a pain but works.

The scale node is the suggested work flow as Blender compositor does not default to a ‘fit’ scale solution like the VSE does.

Btw, the scale node has a “render size” mode that will match sizes automatically. Much easier than trying to hand set scale and crop values.

But its setting the scale to the scene where the compositing is happening? or am i wrong? I dont really understand those render size and scene size settings.