South Park - Scene from "You have 0 Friends"

Hi!

I finally finished recreating one of my favorite scenes from South Park.
My goal was to recreate an entire scene and make it look as authentic as possible. I used planes for just about everything and avoided creating textures as much as possible. Even the “drawn” lines on the furniture are just small planes. It was easier and quicker than creating separate textures for everything.
The meshes that I did make textures for are the sheets of paper, the open book, Randy’s shirt and part of Randy’s left hand.

The only things in this scene I didn’t create myself are the audio (duh) and the lips textures.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

this is awesome, well done. Didn’t believe it was not real for a while

Thanks! Glad you liked it. :slight_smile:

Great work! Would You share any screenshots from blender?

Sure! No problem.
Here is the complete scene:
One is the unrendered version with materials.
The other one is the wireframe version.

Scene from the side in material and wireframe mode. As you can see, I made everything with planes. :slight_smile:

And here you can see the lips. I used several planes in one mesh, each containing a different lip texture.
When a certain lip texture is needed, it’s plane is shifted toward the foreground using Shape Keys.

Great job.

Thaks, looks great!
Do you plan to new episodes? :slight_smile:

i would of thought that was the actual thing, good job
I haven’t checked but aren’t the heads in sp perfectly circular?

Thanks to all for the comments!

@Marcin_HRN I haven’t got any plans to make more yet. Trying to make an exact copy of a scene is not very difficult, but it can be a lot of work. Creating a scene of your own can in some ways be less work once you have all the characters and rigs setup. That’s why the guys from South Park can create an entire episode within a week.
I recreated a scene instead of making a completely new one, because I lack the skills and creativity to make something myself. Plus my bad accent is totally unsuitable for voice acting. :stuck_out_tongue:

@PatrikS I guess my goal of making it look as authentic as possible has been accomplished. I’ve seen some fanmade South Park animations in the past that, although most of them good, didn’t have the same feel as the original South Park. So I thought I’d give it a try.
As for the heads in South Park, a lot of them are indeed perfectly circular. Especially those of the children. But the adults often have stretched faces. I noticed the heads in my video have a minor distortion, especially visible with 720p/1080p. I should probably have used more vertices in the circles. :slight_smile: