Settled for the Night

Starting off this project with some concept art I drew. I’m excited because this is my first project where I have proper concept art to begin with, so it should be much easier to get to the final image because I know what I want to make.

What do you think of it so far?
Keep in mind this is a sketch so not a lot of work went into the details, epecially the man, he was just trown on in about 2 minutes! :stuck_out_tongue:

Newest image:

Your sketching abilities are really pleasant.
It’s a good composition with a lot of challenge.

I think this could be an awesome 3D scene. Looking forward to it.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Is the spider suppose to be like aragog from Harry potter?

It was inspired by the charming old Shelob from Lord of The Rings / Tolkien books but I guess it’s along those same lines :slight_smile:
But after all it’s just a big ass spider. When I model the spider my main reference will be the Australian funnel-web spider.

I like the concept.
This could make for a really good scene.
I’d hate to have to model the spider, though. Shudders

Haha! Good thing I’m completely fine with spiders. Funny story, I used to lob spiders I found, at my older brother. He would scream like a little girl! :smiley:

That’s a nice sketch. The mood is definitely well established. I can’t wait to see more as this progresses.

Your concept art of a man trying to survive with the darkness and a big spider around him, makes me think of the game “Don’t Starve” :slight_smile: Great artwork by the way, I’d like to see the progress.

You concept art of a man trying to survive with the darkness and big spider aound hip, makes me think of the game “Don’t Starve” :slight_smile:

Made some placeholders just to get the camera angle and focal length down. Also so I can model the spider without having to worry about posing it later. For now the spider is just Suzanne. I can’t decide if I should start by sculpting the rock or the spider.

I’d change the title to “Unsettled for the night”.

I saw something else in the drawling lol,i thought the guy was in a mud dome shaped hut with an opening at the top and those white marks were drawings he made while staying there.

+1 for me.
a cave or something seemed more interesting in your composition.

Haha that’s odd! I guess it can be hard sometimes to tell, what a sketch is really supposed to be. Obviously I knew what I was making so it was impossible for me to see it in that way. Interesting though. Did you see the spider? And what about the tree branches? I want to know, because I don’t want the image to be confusing.

What I mean is, it’s not really a deep cave or something, just a small all in a mud and Stone hole where roots and stone are bounded and upon this there is the spider staring at its pray and the backrounf spooky trees and moon light.

Something like this.

Ah I see! That’s not a bad idea actually. It sort of reminds me of the part the first Lord of the Rings where the hobbits are hiding beneath a root.

I should also really quickly say that I’m done with the spider model and she’s looking real mean. I just need to color it and make some hairs.

EW SPIDER! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!

I feel like making a turntable because the image itself doesn’t do my awesome modeling justice :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the turntable as promised.

Whoa though you don’t see the spider in full beauty you can really tell that it’s a badass beast.
Lighting and hair look really awesome.
Keep up the good work