Imagenode with thumbnail

Hi,

just a question, would it be not usefull to show a thumbnail of the Image in an imagenode.
This makes things easyer when you work with a lot of textures in a material.

Thanxs :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but this proposal is way too reasonable and obvious. How are we supposed to have a 20-page UI debate about this? Can’t you figure out a way to make it more controversial?

haha so true.

But yes that would be really helpful indeed. Maybe with the option to hide the image because it makes the node a lot bigger…

You are right, it gets bigger, but whats about a “toggle” mode, pramaters or image to show up?

I will try to help resolve this matter.

Why just image and not procedural texture? With procedural it will help in other way than just reconise them from each other.

OOH! OOH! I can add controversy on this! THAT DOESN’T WORK! (but really, you’d need to have Cycles render a procedural preview, unlike image thumbnails that Blender itself can do).

Also, so long as its disabled entirely by hiding the preview(like in the compositor), because the node editor can get laggy with multiple 4k+ textures.

It could borrow the kind of format the render layer node uses - that shows an image preview in the node there :smiley: