Is there a reference for node set up?

Hello,
just starting to learn post processing and I want to learn a few effects. these things would be the color grade, dust particle, background image boom effect( image of sun and cloud) and I think there’s tutorials on depth of field and camera blur.

I’d start by looking at the description of the various nodes, and by looking at a lot of video tutorials where you see these things being used and done. Expose yourself to situations where people are doing something with these tools, and notice in particular how they approach the problem at hand.

Think of nodes as being a sort of “data-flow production line.” Some nodes represent sources of data (with filter-parameters to determine exactly what data is selected to be the source). At least one node represents the sink where “the final, completed image” flows out. The rest of the nodes are processing and filtering operations of various kinds. Connecting everything up are the “data hoses” (which are color-coded …) through which everything flows from one node to another.

And, well, “this is the tool-kit that is now in your hands … make of it what you will.” :eek: Not only “there are no rules,” but, “there’s more than one way to do it.”

The process of applying nodes, really is “computer programming,” albeit using a purely visual metaphor. You look critically at what you’ve got and what you want to wind up with, and at the various nodes that are available to you. You then work to devise a graph of “noodles” that will produce what you want.

“Yeah, it’s an aquired taste.” :wink: But, it is phenomenally powerful. The ultimate “digital darkroom.”

Ace Dragon has been playing around with procedural textures for as long as I’ve known him. I’m pretty sure he has a thread on nodes. Check out his recently started threads, and be prepared for a long list.

I found this video of a break down but, when I try to Google how to do this. does doing this effect, affect a whole animation by the first render? By this I mean you dont have to do this to each frame right?

You give the compositor an animation series of frames (as input) and you apply the nodes, mixed as required. You can animate them over time as well.

THANK YOU, everyone
has anybody played around with the this ( https://bwide.wordpress.com/node-groups/bwide-nodepack-for-blender/) I havent yet becuase I dont understand how to load it first then apply to my textures.

out of these 8 out of 7 I cant find a tutorial or manual on these nodes. I want to learn these nodes to be able to do these effects from this quick Blender animation breakdown

1)defocus
2)color curve
3)blur
4)sharpen filter------ on blender cookie
5)hsv adjustment
6)lens blur
7)color balance
8)HUE adjustment