Animators, 3D modelers and a renderer needed!

I’m here looking for some 3D modelers, Concept Artist and Voice Actors. I am the director of the short film which is called Project Annelid.

About the film:
Type: Animation
Genre: Comedy
Length: About 5-10 mins
Assets Needed: 2 Characters, 2 Sets, At least 5 mins of: Animation and Voice Acting
Made by: CustardProductions

I have started to make one of the sets but their is still a lot to be added to make it more like a home.

I have been working on the whole thing for about 3 weeks and spent 2 days doing that scene. I will be putting a lot of time into it and it wont be a rubbish rushed project. I will be spending about 15 hours a week on this but you don’t have to do this much of course. I wont quit this project as I am determined to make this. Even if i did quit under extreme circumstances, I would hand the role to another person so it would go ahead.

I have one 3D modeler already and looking for more to help out. I am also in contact with a Voice Actor.

What will you get from it?

You will certainly get experience from this but unfortunately you wont be paid. You will get the credit you deserve in this and I will allow you to use the work in your portfolio or demo reel.

If you want to help out, contact me at: [email protected]

I might be interested in this project (especially the modelling tasks like the furniture and objects). I have a couple of reservations though, what kind of plans have you got implemented? A five to ten minute short is a heck of a lot of work and the processes should be well thought-through. Do you have the storyline, storyboards, estimated time-frame, concept art and scripts ready? You say it’s a comedy, but could you elaborate? What is the film itself actually about?

I can do some modeling, contact me on PM or e-mail [email protected]

JDCustard I have nowhere near the talent and experience with 3D animation that a lot of the folks here have but I’ve done a few of my own projects, 1-3 minute long pieces with very little characters and even that took up to a month or longer. The renders can take up a whole day for just one scene so it can be quite a computer intensive workflow. Anyway, like kurtis suggested, please provide a script and some pre-vis(story boards ect…) if you can. That would go a really long way to getting people interested and amped up for these kinds of things :slight_smile:

My script is on paper but I will type it up and put it on here. 5 mins is the target time and I do have a bit of art done by myself but I could do with a proper artist to do a drawing of the characters. I do have a storyline in brief detail. I say its a comedy… its kinda like a tom and jerry style thing with the two characters except one is a human and one is a Platypus. Its about a Platypus that has wormed its way into a house. The Platypus is called lescot and a bit chubby and the owner is called Clive.

My script is on paper but I will type it up and put it on here. 5 mins is the target time and I do have a bit of art done by myself but I could do with a proper artist to do a drawing of the characters. I do have a storyline in brief detail. I say its a comedy… its kinda like a tom and jerry style thing with the two characters except one is a human and one is a Platypus. Its about a Platypus that has wormed its way into a house. The Platypus is called lescot and a bit chubby and the owner is called Clive.

Yes Im aware renders can take a long time and its looking to be about half a day each 10 second clip. Although my mate has got a server I could use to speed it up. Haven’t got any pre-vids yet but will be making some. Im happy for it to take months if that what it takes.

Sure JD, at the very least a script would be helpful.
Do you plan on doing this in Cycles or Blender internal?
I would be interested in doing the compositing if you need help with that. All I would need are some passes from Blender so that I can do the compositing in my own compositing software, which is much more capable and flexible than Blender’s own compositing tools.
Let me know what you think.

Not sure if my last message made it, but anyway i’m happy to help out with compositing if you need it :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help with your voice overs! :slight_smile:

Sure, I will email you, how good are you at modeling characters?

I plan on using cycles as it does has better results but can sometimes be an issue. That would be good but would I have to send you the video so you can composite it?

That would be good… have you got any evidence of voice acting anywhere?

Is it just the two characters for the voices? Are they both male? Is it in English? Is there profanity involved?
I might be able to help out with one of the voices.

Here is a link to a project I provided the voice for:

I provided the voice for the poem/story and produced the story including sound effects and background music.

JD, you would just need to send me clean passes(no compositing done in blender) in either PNG or EXR format sequence of images. Then I would composite them together and hand you back the video. This way I can add in any effects needed and do color grading if necessary. Let me know if you have any other questions about the compositing process.

Sounds good, there is two characters planned , who are both male and it is in English.

Nice, that would be great. Could you contact me at: [email protected]
Then I will be able to keep you updated and contact you further.

So I would just render it as the jpeg format in the video section then send you the images.

JD, rendering your scenes out as jpegs wouldn’t help in this case as jpegs don’t keep any alpha channel information which is why PNG or EXR is much better for compositing. You’d want to retain the alpha channel especially when you have multiple render layers.
I’ll go ahead and email you, we can go over the process further.