another node group probleme

After 5 hour I finaly think I figured out why my node group for skins was messing my skins.

When I modify it the modification only afect one of the material zone where it is used. I actualy was able to have the same group twice in the same material with diferent value in it without unlinking them. By sumoning another of the same group it didnt had the same value as the one I was using so obviously the linked group were not working corectly together.

In the screenshot one group has double the normal map strength than the other and its the same group.

When I modified the group in the head material it only afected the torso. O_o

Any idea?

From my understand only settings “inside” the node group propagate through all instances of that node group = only those settings, you have to enter the “backend” of the node group for by hitting Tab.

All settings that are exposed to the “frontend” and can be changed without entering the node group, are individual settings that only apply to the respective instance. So, if you want to have the same normal map strength in all instances, (I think) you will have to get rid of the normal map strength slider on the “frontend” and keep it all inside of the node group.

Or try it with dirty trickery: Create a “value” node and hook that to the normal map strength (in my example it’s about brightness, but you get the gist). Now turn this value node into a node group. If you change the value inside of the value node group now, it will again propagate through all of its instances! So, all you have to do now is hook that value node group to all normal map strength inputs that are supposed to share the same value.

I dont thing so since after I figured it out, I removed all the group and recreated them all from the group part of the summon node thing and it work fint now or at least it seams so.

The normal was just because that was the think I just changed but it messed with everything else I tested a lot of thing and added a lot of the front panel oin the process to facilitate the testing the first things I tryed was inside the node group.

The front panel actualy change the inside value it just show the inside value outside.

One thing is I changed the group color on the original verssion and the “summons” didnt have the color and only the colored one was affected by the change I actualy made in any on them. It may be the reason

Edit: as I alwasy do, I ckecked your teory after saying it was wrong and realised it wasent.

Thx. :smiley: