Can't Find Official Site to Request Features

Since I can’t find the site from which to request features, I’m going to at least talk about it here. I know I’ve seen mention of it on this forum somewhere, but searching using both the on-forum search and Google turns up nothing. Perhaps a sticky with the info would be a good idea?

Save this file before New/Open dialog:

When changes have been made to a file and you hit the ‘close’ button, a dialog pops up asking if you want to save.

However, if you select ‘New’ or ‘Open’ and changes have been made, no dialog. Since those are the times most people lose changes because they didn’t think to check the titlebar for the changes asterisk, how about adding this functionality there as well?

This isn’t a big change to the code. Or at least, it shouldn’t be. I guess it depends on how New and Open are implemented.

I also know it’s not a sexy feature, so there may not be many devs interested in doing it. But it’s important and I can’t figure out why it wasn’t there from day one. This is pretty much a standard feature of any software.

This feature is already there, but turned off by default. User prefs>Interface>Tick “Promp Quit”, save user settings. It now prompts the user, if he’s about to close an unsaved file.

Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said in the post. I’ll try to be more clear…

Yes, Prompt Quit is there, but there’s no prompt when you select New or Open. If there are changes in the file, there should be.