XP kernel32 missing dll in 2.73

Hi fellow Blender users.
I have an old Asus laptop running XP Not connected to the internet (or any thing else). My latest download (from a more recent ‘protected’ system) and install pulls a "cant find entry point ‘GetLogicalProcessorInformation’ in kernell32.dll . I’ve tried system restores and a few (useless I fear) system fix tools, but to no avail. Now I cannot even run earlier versions of Blender that used to work (pulls the same message). I’m careful to avoid possible viruses with minimal conectivity to an unsupported (but nearly likable) OS. I was ‘brought up’ on Imagine but I love Blender and miss it sorely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
richarde

Windows XP support was pulled earlier last year (the last version being 2.70 or 2.71), the pull in support was more or less timed to when Microsoft pulled theirs.

Almost all of the recent versions of all software available right now no longer work on that system either, if you want to stay up to date then you need to upgrade the machine to Windows 8 or switch to Linux.