Weight paint isn't working!

I’m trying to fix the weight paint of a model I just recently made and it doesn’t work for me at all! I can’t give any more detail because there isn’t any more to give, clicking on the verticies/faces just doesn’t do anything!

This is the first time trying out Blender on Linux, I’ve used Blender countless times on Windows before and I want this to work on Linux because I think it’s a much better OS, but weight paint works on Windows, but not on Linux, I’ve tried looking this problem up, and none of the solutions found worked for me.

What do I do?

If it helps, I’m running Blender 2.73a on Linux Mint 17.1 x64 running on an AMD R9 200 GPU.
I think I’m running the latest version, but I’m not 100%, is there a PPA that is still active and bringing out daily or at least stable updates?

Hard for me to believe that it has something to do with your OS, unless you are trying to use a wacom which is not installed properly on your linux system. sometimes my wacom also stops to respond (I think it happened mostly on windows) but when restarting blender it worked fine. if you do use wacom then try to see if it responds to a normal mouse.

other then that make sure that your face selection mode is turned off, or turned on but with the faces actually selected.

Also, you asked your question in the wrong section.

I don’t even know what a wacom is…

I tried the alternative solution, but that didn’t do anything…

Oops! So I did…
Can somebody move it to the right one for me? I can’t seem to do it myself…

I never learned the correct way to weight paint as auto weights always give me a good start, if not good weights needing no adjusting. So maybe you can select mesh, shift select armature in object mode and control p , use auto weights. Then paint adjustments or delete vertex groups in object data.
PS It is a drawing tablet.

Yeah, I’ve done that, but the problem is that some weights weren’t done properly, for example, if I lift an arm up, the arm-pit goes all the way out, I went into weight paint to fix those kind of problems…

I am having the exact same issue on 2.73 and 2.73a with ubuntu 14.04. @corbra! did you ever find ae rsolution?

Nope, I’m still looking, although I have recently found an Ubuntu PPA which regulary updates Blender to the latest development version, which I haven’t tried yet, I will try it once I get my pen drive back on Monday (I accedently left it at my Uni library, and has been handed into the lost and found… :o)

I will definetly get back to you once I try it!

Guys if you are having a bug please post it here https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/2/type/Bug/