Fairy

Hi guys what do you think, all in blender

Attachments

looks pretty good, but I think the hair would look nicer with some clumping value.

Her breasts seem a bit high. Generally the nipples are one head below the chin, in your fairy the bottom of the breasts are one head below the chin. She looks like she has overdeveloped pecs instead of breasts. If you move her breasts down a bit, that will give you some room at the shoulder line for a collarbone, which, in such a svelt figure, should be very visible.

Adding to those already mentioned.
It’s a stylized figure but the head is odd. Exaggerated eyes, you’ve widened the mouth to match but the nose looks like it doesn’t belong to the same face. Wouldn’t need to match the mouth when making eyes bigger.

Jaw goes up quite fast and the chin looks masculine, probably because it’s angled too. Softer forms for female figures is a safe bet.

Here is the model with all the ajustments made from your comments
have i got every thing now . As for the hair still not sure if to model it or go with
that freaky hair iv trzed layering it but does not look so good
Any sugestions . or more crits .i need them to improve this .
Cheers Ralph…

Attachments

You have indications of odd neck muscles. It appears there is a muscle running from mid collarbone to jawbone. The visible neck muscle should run from the inside end of the collarbone (notch of the neck) to the skull just under the ear. The texture running up the center of the dress is obvious CG mirroring. Maybe cover it up with a strip of plain colored cloth, perhaps with buttons?

Thanks Orinoco, i did not want to give her neck muscles ,but now you spoted that ill sort it as for the dress i missed
that completly normaly i see stuff like that ,oops .ill sort that to .
still playing with the hair imight try zbrush fibres for it but i wanted to do itall in blender.
on this model i have not sculpted anything its all poly modeling .
Thanks again for the input here

Here a final test render staight out of blender no comp.
c+c please

Attachments

Her wings fade into the background. And, from the pose, her left wing is almost completely hidden by her body.

Her eyes appear to be protruding. I think this is from the lower eyelid, which seems to go back to the cheek, instead of down to the cheek. Perhaps the eyes need to be moved further back into the head. Her mascara (same as lip color) isn’t helping this impression. Most women use dark colors there rather than light ones.

Her lips appear dry. Need some glossiness.

Her dress left shoulder strap appears to be bulging out, as if caught by some stray gust of strong wind. Since the dress seems to be a knit fabric (ie: slightly stretchy) the strap should be in a straight line from her breast to her shoulder. I suspect the right strap has the same issue. I still think some buttons along the centerline would add a bit of interest to the dress.

It looks like she cuts her own hair, without using a mirror. I did not know that about fairies. I can imagine them not having mirrors, but I would think their friends would help them out. And something seems off about her hairline. I’m not sure exactly what it is.

(I hope you can tell from the nit-picky nature of these critiques, that I think the overall model is lovely and there is very little left to do… :))

Wow, it feels like iv just been graded in school .ill be 50 tomorro
mabe thats my prob i think i need glasses . Thanks for the hammer,i need
it sometimes i do also pro work which i cant post hard surface stuff .
mabe i should stick to that .
But i will try and sort this lady out human things is not my style but im trying .
Thanks again Ralph…
ps if i post a reworked tomorro will u be nice to me :slight_smile:

Oh! The world would be a much duller place if you went back to hard surface modeling and didn’t post things like this any more.

I AM being nice, pugman, at least I thought I was. This is the focused critique section. This is where you post when you have been working on something so long you need another pair of eyes to see things you look at and don’t see. That’s all. If I didn’t like your fairy, I wouldn’t bother critiqueing. I think she’s lovely. And her red hair is a nice contrast to the green background image.

Thanks man .ok hows this one

Attachments

her jaw seems to be protruding too far forward and her hair looks a bit bristly.
(edit) you might try using multiple emitors to get more control over the angles