Challenge #606 (30/1/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #606 for Friday 30th of January 2015 is: Riddle

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 2nd of February 2015.

Game on

Here is my non-competing entry:

Riddled with Questions

RobertT

can i submit a short animation instead of an image?

My first entry in a looooooong while. :slight_smile:
One of my favorite Movies pops up in my head by the theme this week. :wink:

In the past some people, most notably mik1190, have submitted both an animation and a still from the animation. The still is the entry and the animation is just to show where it came from, but does not count as part of the entry. However it may sway the voter in your direction if the animation is good.

Great entry SomeSilverWings. You have just raised the bar quite a bit.

we used to have an animation challenge too, but I think participation dwindled. it would probably work better now since most people have faster computers for rendering and viewing.

I didn’t have much time to finish this but i hope u like it;)

omg i made a really complex version of the rubix cube :// why didnt i think of that! could use that one :frowning:

oh god its bothering me please fix it. the middle piece is yellow on both sides. that is imposible with a rubix cube… :confused:

oh yeah;\ I’ve spotted that after rendering and I don’t really have time now to fix it. Hope its not going affect your judgement on this piece;)

you have one day left. :slight_smile:

also i like the displacement on the paper :slight_smile: makes it look like its been used for a while :slight_smile:

dam i had such a good idea for this entry :frowning: was going to make one of those kid toys shaped as a sphere, with geometric holes so you could only fit objects through the correct hole, but my plan was to take it to a whole new level with an animation where the objects started to orbit around the sphere, and then find its way inn. then the whole thing would crack and fall apart revealing something inside.

just could not get it right… -.- tried some foggy effects, motion blur stuff… meh…

PURE Entry

Enpowered Sphere

Failed project but still works…

The paper is just a noise texture connected to the diplacement;)

Pure (i’ve made every texture, the original idea of the posing is from batman) - blender internal.

Pure Blender Cycles render… …getting this kind of shape out of Blender is fairly possible…
…dealing with reflections and shadows is another story…

Sphinx

My adventure in procedural texturing this week. The Sphinx was known to pose a riddle to adventurers it would encounter: What animal walks on four legs in the morning, two at noon, and three at night. The answer was man (crawling, walking, and using a cane).

Here is my entry. Good luck to everyone ^-^

let me guess, two render layers? :stuck_out_tongue:

…yes, but if it was only that!! ^^