Meadow Generator add-on by Lukas Toenne - How does it work?

I couldn’t find any documentation about the usage of a recently implemented add-on by Lukas Toenne, Meadow Generator, and I’d like to know a little more about its intended use, and test it. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Lukas. Even after looking at the content of the python scripts I couldn’t figure out how to properly use the Meadow add-on. I sincerely hope to hear from you, as well as to have a proper documentation included in the Scripts Catalog. I know you’re busy at the moment and that this add-on is still under development, so I will patiently wait. Regards

Been tryin to figure this thing out for awhile now , and from what I can tell so far (correct me if I’m wrong,PLEASE. ) what you have to do is ,
1 - set up a ground plain
2 - a blob grid , with a particle system set to hair , and to use group for display .
3 - set up a group of grass objects. ( for particle system). these you must set as templates in the meadow generator
4 - all must be set in meadow generator ui in object properties. Then bake it
Now the first couple times it crashed. My fault. Working to fast.and then the forth or fith time it worked , in that I got it to do something. But I can’t tell if I just set up a particle system or actually got the generator to do what it’s supposed to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for the information but I cannot still figure out how to correctly use it. I don’t completely understand the workflow and the steps to get it to work properly. A step by step explanation from the author will be greatly appreciated.

Agreed. That would be the fantastic. Still don’t know if I’m using it properly. Just seems like I’m creating the standard particle system with groups. From what I’ve been reading , the author is really busy ( understandable) so guess we’ll have to wait till somelse feels like figuring it out , and makes a tutorial.