Sword Slash/Trail?

Basically a “ghost” of the players weapon. Goran did a small tutorial on this subject however this consisted of multiple copies of the weapon being spawned on top of each other. The reason why this won’t work (for me) is because I want to have a semi visible sword slash not a fully visible sword slash. For this reason using a simple add object actuator would not work as the stacking of the weapon copies will be visible.

I was wondering how this effect would be created? here is an example of what I am talking about:

Thanks.

Yes, you can.

You addObject a “trail object” with the materials you like (it could even exist all the time).
Then you need a some Python to manipulate the vertices of the trail object. The vertices get the past position of the object to follow.

Any idea on how to do that :p?

I’m guessing you would get the first 2 vertices to follow the sword, and then use the worldposition.copy() for the rest.

On the other hand however, would it not be better to have a ribbon almost? and then toggle visibility when the player is not attacking?

Because it is an interesting topic, I created a quick demo.

The Trailing Object works with one deforming object. The X-coordinates of the trailing object are used to track the past of the leading object. The original size on X, does not matter. But the Y/Z will be preserved.

Thanks monster that was exactly what I was looking for!