Rendered objects and animations transfer to Game Engine

Please forgive the newbee type questions.

In the tutorials I found, I did not see a reference to ‘importing/merging/?’ from Blender itself. Do the objects and animations have to be developed while in the engine?

If the engine is being used to develop a walk through, where frame rate is of no concern, can high poly objects be used?

Thanx, Ed

This is not really a question. I guess you want to know how you can run your Blender content in the BGE.

The Blenderplayer directly loads from .blend files.
The embedded Blenderplayer (<p>) loads your current project from Blender where is runs in.

No that makes no sense. This is like you design your car while driving it.
It is the other way around. You start Blender create/load the assets for your game and start either the embedded Blenderplayer by pressing <p> in the 3D window or you save your assets to a .blend file and run the standalone blenderplayer (you can even run it from inside blender).

So you design the car, let it build by the factory … then you can drive it (it does not matter if you design another car while you are driving the first one ;))

In every interactive application the frame rate is important. Users want nearly-realtime feedback. So yes you need to keep an eye on the rendertime as well as on the processing time of the game logic.

Edit:
Regarding your thread title: “rendered objects” are images. Yes, you can use them in your scene. Just apply them as textures. You can find more on this topic by searching for “bake textures”.

Action actuator = plays actions

Thank you Monster. The degree if integration of Blender still blows me away. If I live long enough, maybe I’ll stop asking dumb question.

Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart!!

Ed