Clay render as a pass??

Hello all, I have a scene with multiple passes already setup, which I later composite, with a breakout of Freestyle lines, color, AO, shadow, etc. I want to be able to generate a clay render pass of the scene but the toggle seems global and not subject to breaking out as a pass. I was hoping that, since all of the calculation of object, lighting, etc. are already being calculated, it might be possible to have it spit out a clay render pass at the same time. I have done research here and did not find any guidance, thus the questions. Thank you.

Just a gentle bump to see if any of the Blender experts might have a response, even if to say it is not possible??

A clay render would usually be done with a material override on a renderlayer, with AO mixed in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icxKQUwQT0k

Getting that method as a pass would not be easy since it requires both a material override (not too hard to do as a separate renderlayer) and a different world setting (not possible to do per-renderlayer, so kind of a dealbreaker).

Thank you for the ideas, I will see what I can do with the information.

Hi @paulhart2, you can try this method (for cycles). It doesn’t need lights or AO.