BRIK ragdoll kit in blender 2.73

Does BRIK (Blender Ragdoll Implementation Kit) work in the newest version of blender? Whenever I try to use it, it gives me an error and fails to make the ragdoll. If it’s incompatible, are there any text tutorials on how to make a ragdoll out there? I’d really don’t like video tutorials, but I guess I’ll have to watch the blendcookie one if it comes to that.

It still worked in 2.71 when last time I checked (only had some issue updating/running the armature, which I think had another cause that I did not pursue any further …). I would expect it still works in 2.73. Maybe as a quick check you can go through the steps in an older Blender version to double check you followed the steps correctly or if you get the same error again.

As for BRIK tutorials, I did put the steps to follow somewhere at the end of the BRIK discussion thread. Did you use the most recent files I put there? (still one half year ago or something …)

Don’t use 2.73 or 2.73a with it, deleting any item deletes all rigid body joints,

Its to fix some crashes related to rigid body joints but they had some unitintended consequences but it looks like it will be fixed in 2.74, also there are issues with animations and threading and timing.

Ah, okay. Do we have a rough release date for 2.74? And is that bug present in 2.72b?

2.72b is clean I think,
just fire it up, with a rigid body joint made in the blender UI,

delete a seperate item,