[SOLVED] images or video rather as Plane

[SOLVED]

Hi All,
I’ve used Images as Plane option and wondered if video as Plane is possible? IF so HOW?
The drop down shows the option to find or show all available formats…
QT, AVI and others are an option from drp dn

Just select a video instead of an image file and it will play. All the addon is doing is adding a texture to a plane, no need for a separate addon just for movies. Textures can be still images or movie files.

I did try that too… One would think that “All image Formats” would show it as the FIRST picture shows I know where the drop dn is.
So I used the drop dn select AVI as that is in there too. But does not show up to select.

See Path See AVI file twice

Blender’s window to select using the specific drp dn choice

After further searching… ONE MUST BE IN B.RENDER not CYCLES. M…Fr’… Now I have to re texture this scene for Render… Ughhh!

Are you absolutely positive that those files you indicated have an .avi file extension?

You have “Hide file extensions for known file types” enabled for your Windows Explorer (under Tools -> Folder Options -> View), which makes it kind of hard to be sure?

yeah I exported out of After effects after keying the actor on to a plate one as an AVI and another as a 264… Why do you think you can use that option in Cycles? That would be terrific because I am really going crazy trying to re texture in BR (another thread) trying to make glass.
I will go triple check… on the AVI out.

Triple check showing ext…

Switch off filtering (funnel icon) in Blender file manager and just try that m4v or mpa. I do not see these listed in dropdown image but that doesn’t mean blender would refuse to recognize 264.

What if you check mark Auto Refresh on Image node?

Nothing happened, even tried close and open… I wonder if it is an F12 thing? Needs a full render in situations like this? I hope not.

YEP F -‘frikin12’ You need a full render to WSWYG. Hey while I got your attention. How can I cut that plane tight to my talent? Can I run a grease pen in the outline of a human and delete faces? IF SO could share a couple of screen grabs or a Direct>Path>to do that

“Like a box of chocolates…” Rendered view can lie too. F12 only tells the truth.
My attention was gone bed unfortunately; can we have Flat Earth on Whales with One Time Zone Everywhere back, please??

Guess you’d need to do some rotoscoping (if your figurine shake head or something…)- create animated mask and use this for mixing in Transparent. TBH i’ve never done this but there should be bunch of tuts on YT available.
Hope i get the question right tho.

Funny flat, same time zone… Not the animated mask as one would use as a garbage mask. I did that already on the export of the file I added to a plane. Rather the plane the video is attached to is square or rectangle, so I want to cut that plane closer to my subject as to not show a plane before it is fully visualized. Cut the plane closer to the talent…