Insane renderring method . . .

I have had a project going where, using code, I create a bunch of emitters, parent them each to a separate empty, and rotate the empty using Python . . . . . and I ran into a dead end trying to get it to apply motion blur, because the results were nothing but a short smear, whereas the view port would render beautifully to make the result look like comets . . .
Yesterday, I discovered a way to do it . . . . . it is a strange, but it will get the job done . . . I just render the frames in sequences . . . . like every 20 frames. Then when I am done with that, I just increment it to start at the next frame, add 20 frames, etc. until I have a full set . . . . it is a crazy way to do it, but it works. However, after about a week of pulling out my hair trying to figure out what the problem is, changing all kinds of parameters to try to make it render right, I thought maybe someone with more experience rendering might have some insight into why this issue is happening . . . .

can you post an image of what you are trying and what result you are getting? For me motion blur works nicely. You can change the setting from 0.5 to much more if you want more blur. In a project I have I’ve set it to 2.

There’s an add-on out there called eco.py. does exactly what your talking about. I’ve used it works fine. Don’t have a link . But you could just Google it.