How can you make a Character selection option in BGE? Please Help me

HELLO! I’m currently working on a MOBA game prototype but i cant proceed due to the shortage of tuts. Please Help me in making a character selection option in BGE. it would a be great help… Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know what you are meaning…
But I think you want to click on a Plane with a specific Texture (Player 1) and then the Player is selected and you can play as
the Player?

But I think you want to click on a Plane with a specific Texture (Player 1) and then you can play as
the Player?

But I think you want to click on a Plane with a specific Texture (Player 1) and then you can play as
the Player?

You shouldn’t rely on tutorials to tell you how to make a game. Learn the tools that the engine provides you with, and then use the knowledge you have to tackle your problems.

For example, you want to select a player, and have them as your character. This involves a number of parts:

1. Displaying the available characters.
  2. Selecting the character.
  3. Using the selected character.

For example, I might do this as follows:

If you have three player types A, B and C:

Player Display

Add this scene as an overlay scene.Have the characters standing on the screen, animated in an idle pose.

Player selection
In the same scene:
Create a box around each character, and enable it for collision. Add a mouse over sensor for each box, connected to a mouse click sensor. Connect these to an AND controller, and that in turn to a message actuator with the subject “Spawn_{}” where you would replace the value “{}” with the corresponding “A”, “B” or “C”.
Delete the overlay scene when this is done.

Player spawning
In the game scene (under the selection overlay):
Create a spawning empty where the player will be added. Give it three message sensors, listening for the above subjects, and each sensor will run the add object actuator for the corresponding player type.

It’s just a case of identifying the problem, what it consists of, what we would like to do in order to resolve this problem and then making use of the tools we have to do so. In my case, I probably wouldn’t have used logic bricks for this purpose, because my tools are preferentially Python.

I’m not trying to scorn or patronise you here, I’m making sure that you don’t rely on tutorials because ultimately, they start to limit how you think, and add an artificial ceiling.

By the way, a MOBA game sounds very ambitious for what sounds like a starter project. I would strongly​ advise against it.

Ummm… Nice Answer :smiley:
Btw how long do you work with the Bge? :slight_smile: