Unwrap multiple objects into one texture (edit many)

Hi,

I would like to unwrap multiple objects into a single texture. I know it is possible. In fact there is several ways to do it:

• You can join all your objects together, unwrap them, and then separate them again.
  • You can select all your objects, press space and then select one of the unwrapping methods (e.g.: smart unwrap).
  • You can select one object at a time, unwrap it and then modify its location in the UV.

The problem is that there is no way to modify all objects’ UV vertices at the same time. You have to select a single object, enter edit mode (pressing Tab) and then you can see and modify the UVs of that specific objects. Which becomes pretty annoying very soon. Is there a way to modify all objects UVs or a certain subset of them?

Here is an example of what I would like:

Here is what I currently get:

I am aware one can see all the UV vertices by setting in the Image Editor: View > Draw Other Objects. However, this doesn’t allow you to select other objects UVs. Here, an example:

Thank you for the link. I checked it out and it seems very promising. However, it mess up my object hierarchy. That is, objects that are join to other objects, etc.

I’ve discover (thanks to the CGMaster guys) the Texture Atlas addon (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/UV/TextureAtlas), which seems to do exactly what I want.

In any case, thanks again.

How do i download the py text for TextureAtlas it says: [TABLE=“class: prettytable, width: 100%”]

[TH=“width: 30%”]Current version download[/TH]
In Default Blender Addons!!! :slight_smile:

[/TABLE]

but it isnt in 2.72a blender???

You don’t need to download the python file, it already comes with blender. Just go to “User Preferences” > “Add-ons” and in the search field look for “texture” and select the check box of “Texture Atlas”. If you go check the details of that addon, it actually tells you where the python file is located on your machine (in case you want to see how it works).