2005 Ford GT40

Hey people! :slight_smile:
So, after starting then quickly abandoning many of these things over the years, here’s my first completed car! :slight_smile: I’m pretty excited about it in general, but of course, it probably needs some work. I thought my PC would probably die somewhere along the way, but somehow “Ol’ Betsy” hung in there…barely. It’s hovering around 1,000,000 polys, so I had to deal with a few crashes along the way, and get creative with the rendering, like in this shot there are no wheels on the other side, etc. I hope to do a rear shot of this in the next couple of days. The WIP can be found here, with some wireframes and stuff:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?355637-2005-Ford-GT40&highlight=
I already thanked everyone over there, but I’d like to thank all of you again who followed me stumbling through this. :smiley:

Blender 2.72, rendered in BI, put together in GIMP.
HDRI from hdrlabs.com: http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html Thanks guys!
Tire texture from an actual Eagle F1 tire over at Goodyear’s website(please don’t sue me, I have no money)

That render looks fantastic! Do you know any (free) tutorials that you recommend for modeling cars?

Only maybe some little dirt at the bottom part could make it even more realistic, but overall looks really great.

This really looks great Vicky, congrats on completing it! I think you picked an excellent HDRI that helps complement the car.

Your car turned out great, Vicky! Even more impressive is that it’s your first! The lighting and materials and of course modeling all look good; you’ve even given it a nice “pose” (something I completely forgot to do in both of my car videos). Really terrific work!

Wow, great job! I turned out great. :slight_smile:

Outstanding!

@ItalianJoy: Thanks very much! :slight_smile: Jonathon Williamson made a 9-part one for a Porsche a few years back, but it’s still relevant. It’s over at Blender Cookie, but there’s probably hundreds on YouTube. Doesn’t really matter the program, it’s really all the same techniques. It’s not much different than modeling anything else. :smiley:

@harleynut97: Thank you! I like that HDRI as well, I was wanting a sunset-type scene. :slight_smile:

@James Candy: Thank you very much! :smiley:

@ShadowCamero: Thank you! :smiley:

@Rance Brown: I appreciate it, thanks! You were certainly one of my car-modeler inspirations :smiley:

Outstanding.

Top Row in 5…4…3…2…1

5 stars.

Any plans on some interior renders?

@Ryeath: Hahaha, I wish! Thank you! No real plans on any interior renders, there’s not much interior in the car as it is now. The car itself is really high-poly for what my PC can handle, so I think it’s time to move on to something else. :smiley:
Thanks again! :slight_smile:

This is awesome! The Ford GT40 is one of my favorite cars, wish I could afford one :wink:

@NID Graphics: Thank you very much! Don’t we all! :smiley: I saw one recently go across the auction block at Barret-Jackson for around $400,000 faints

Even though I am not a big car fanatic I have to admit that this shot looks awesome. Nice work.

Love it. Knew you could do a car if you set to it. :slight_smile:

@indeform: Sorry I missed your comment, thank you! I told a guy at deviantART that I just rolled it out of the trailer, so there’s no dirt LOL! :slight_smile:

@AnthonyC: Much appreciated, thank you very much! :smiley:

I love the light and the shading, Vicky. Superb! A minor point would be the flat ground. This demands for more displacement imho. But anyway: very, very cool stuff and top row quality.

Well, you finally finished it. congratulations! Great work as always.
I’ve only seen one of these ever in my life.

@penelope: Glad you like it, thank you! :smiley:

@minoribus: Thanks a lot! :smiley:

@ctdabomb: Thanks a lot! It is a beautiful car indeed :smiley:

This is an amazingly well done car. I wish I had the ability to make cars like these. The best I’ve done is just attempting to box model a proxy.