Encoding 3D and 2D assets into an encrypted format?

Is that feasible?
Any trails I could start on?

I don’t really care about sharing source code since I find what I come up with is pretty simple and obvious mathematics. I’m mostly worried about art assets being reused without permission. How do you make it harder for someone to reuse your models?

Are there any games who leave their art assets out in the open as .obj and don’t care?

AM I OVERREACTING?!!>!>!>

Does this answer my question?

-Thanks,

Content protection is predominantly a waste of time. Wherever data is accessible, (i.e in the runtime-memory), it’s vulnerable, the short story being it’s impossible to fully protect your content. Why do you care? For hobbyists, they’re not making money, so it’s not really a concern, but it might drive publicity. For commercial ventures, provided you license your content, you can make a case, and at the very least request they remove it from any effective marketplace.

If you encrypt your asset data using something like PGP, and store the private decryption key in the game, which you release solely as an executable, you’d probably be somewhat safe. Safer, if you compile your script which handles this to pyc.

Overall, it’s not worth it. The “threat” doesn’t exist. It’s thrown about by DRM which is outdated, outmoded and poorly received in the modern market.

Thank you, agoose77.

Thinking about it more:
-If I encrypt it, it will take up resources from the computer to keep it decrypted, right?
-If someone has to resort to steal models and finished textures, they’ll be likely clueless how to modify them.

Yeah, but a clever fellow can snatch it from the vram right?

RAM is always available, even more on Linux they are normal Files on the FileSystem, but yeah is as good as it gets.