[HELP] states not working correctly

Hi all… i’m having trouble using states in my file… In the file provided. I want that when you click “E” The jetpack man will fly away and come back… When the timer reaches zero he goes back to state 1 and plays the same animation. And that you will be able to do this as many times as possible. The problem is, is that he just freezes instead of playing the animation in state 1… PLEASE reply soon if you can figure it out :smiley: thanks
-Ross Jetpack man.blend (5.07 MB)

Haha! You just didn’t select “Beggining” action in state 2, Thurster man’s action actuator:D You must set it to “Beggining”. However, when I press “E” the jetpack man disappears and than flies back. You could upgrade the action so it flies away too, not teleports:D

oh gotcha… sorry :stuck_out_tongue: the “Thrusterman Game” action is the one that is supposed to be activated in state 2 :stuck_out_tongue: and i want it so that when “Thursterman Game” animation and the timer hits 0 it will go back to the “Beggining” animation in state 1… but for some reason it won’t do that :P… lol and excuse my horrible spelling of beginning :stuck_out_tongue:

[ATTACH]358468[/ATTACH]

Try this. The animation for flying “away” is missing though and when the timer resets, the animation freezes for a second. Probably due to the state change.

Also, important:

To have a sensor (In your case, “Always”) activate upon state change you have to click “Level”.

Nice little demo btw

Yayy this worked!! thanks so much!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: