Octane Renderer

Hi,

I’ve installed Octane, the Octane Server app and also the special version of blender (2.72). I’m online, then I selected Octane from the render option, but instead of launching the Octane render app, I get this error in the render window of blender:

Not Connected | No Render-server at address “127.0.0.1”

Why?

Thanks, Jay.

Did you first start “OctaneServer.exe”, the standalone server-version ?

Hi, dunno about the demo but Blender/Server has a different User/Pass than Octane standalone.
Does standalone Octane working?

Cheers, mib

I downloaded:
Octane Server DEMO - 2.06 - 6.5.exe
OctaneRender_demo_2_16_win64.exe
Blender Octane Edition - 6.5 (2.72).exe

from the main links:

Confused. You’d think these companies didn’t want us to use their engines!

There might be a misunderstanding here:
You not only need to install the license server - it needs to be started and running before the Blender OctaneRender Edition is launched. From your posts it remains unclear if you did that, too.

Yep, I started it first! My firewall seems to be letting it through OctaneServer.exe - is there any other program that needs access that might be blocked?

Oh yeah and just in case you didn’t get the link I mentioned, I don’t have a license, I’m just testing the demo :o)

You might be overwriting the libraries (DLLs) for 2.06 when you install the 2.16 standalone. Just to make sure you are starting with a clean slate, I would uninstall everything and then just install the 2.06 blender demo files and see if that works. The Blender plugin will not work if you mix the versions.