VSE Inflating framecount for Clips

I can’t figure out what’s going on with this and am wondering if anyone else has had it happen to them:

I’m importing some relatively high frame rate footage into the VSE to cut together a trailer (it’s footage captured from an Android device at 58.04 fps, because for some reason that’s the framerate that the screenrecord command uses) and for some reason the VSE is multiplying the framecount by completely insane amounts. For example: I have a clip that’s 14:07 long, which after doing simple math comes out to ~49160 frames. When I bring this clip into the VSE, it shows up at 76302450 frames long. That’s right: over 76 MILLION frames. The length has been multiplied by over 1500 times.

And it’s not duplicating the strip over and over, it’s actually turned the clip into super-ultra slow motion.

This happens regardless of what framerate I set in properties before importing.

The weirdest thing is, I have one clip that it doesn’t do this to. Same framerate, same bitrate, same resolution.

I can use a Speed Control effect strip to bring it back to the correct speed, but I really shouldn’t have to. Anyone know what might be going on, and maybe how to fix this? It’s happening in 2.68, 2.72, and 2.73x

Transcode to a codec that Blender understands first. Sorry but Blender’s ffmpeg isn’t that new and misinterprets squirly screen caps.