Any good tutorials on sculpting basics in v2.7** ?

I have been looking for sculpting basics tutorials in the more recent versions of Blender. 2.7 or later. Commercial or free.

Thanks for any help…

https://cgcookie.com/blender/category/tutorials/sculpting-tutorials/

in the more recent versions of Blender. 2.7 or later.
Don’t blinker yourself, the basic concepts of sculpting have not changed since blender 2.49 or between different applications so also watch tutorials for ZBrush and Mudbox and apply those processes to blender

Don’t blinker yourself, the basic concepts of sculpting have not changed since blender 2.49 or between different applications so also watch tutorials for ZBrush and Mudbox and apply those processes to blender

What about a dyntopo > retopology workflow?
Blender doesn’t copy zbrush neither is a freeware substitution. Blender provides simpler and more efficient brush sets if I may say so. (sculpting brushes)

I would be curious about this as well. I’ve been watching several sculpting videos and here and there they show off a shortcut that doesn’t work anymore. Or I have the same settings they do but the shape doesn’t change as dramatically as theirs did.

Hi Richard… I use ZBrush a bit but want to stay within Blender as I’m learning it. I have some CGCookie tuts that have sculpting in them but my results don’t match. When I watch them use the snake hook brush it increases the polys as it pulls them…but mine do not…the snakehook simply pulls the existing polys and does not create new ones. So it is because of results like these that I was hoping to see something more current or more basic about the settings in the sculpt mode. Is there any documentation on the newer versions about sculpt?

the snakehook simply pulls the existing polys and does not create new ones

I believe you need to use Dyntopo to change this.

I believe you need to use Dyntopo to change this.

@eppo, right, however you need subdivide collapse mode.
I wonder, why subd collapse is not the default dyntopo mode?

@michalis: Isn’t it? Latest buildbot GB branch does exactly that here.

I was using dynatopo…forgive me for forgetting minor details. It was the CGCookie tutorial on creating a bird called Pierre…and the instructor was using the sculpt mode for his base creation of the bird mesh.

I just saw that the digital tutors website is offering a free 72 hour access to their entire library right now. I also saw that a Blender sculpting course is in there and it is using version 2.72b…so it is current. I am signing up tonight or in the morning. This looks to be just what I was looking for. Perfect timing on this also.