City Lights

Hey Guys!

Here’s my latest render, thought it would be a fun project to create a city at night. Pretty satisfied with the results. Feel free to leave your thoughts!

Steve

Looks very interesting, can you post wires or a screen of the scene?

Very nice! The atmosphere is really good. :slight_smile:

looks pretty interesting, that remember the intro of clasic series and movies related with cops on new york.

Looks great, Steve! How did you approach the building materials? Are they a simple emissive material using textures to control? I really like the reflection of the buildings on the water, and the water drops on the lens. Nice work!

Thanks James! Yes the building emission material is controlled with a texture, this worked great for adjusting the strength and variation of the lights.

The city is gorgeous, the rain is totally unrealistic. The only way you’d see water in the air is if it’s lit up, the only way you’d see individual drops is if they are relatively close. From the size of those drops, they are in the middle distance, over the river where there is no obvious light source. Rain over the city, at that distance, would look like a general grey blur near the light sources, and would be invisible where it’s dark.

Just published a new tutorial on creating this scene in Blender! for any artists out there that might be interested. :slight_smile:

beautiful,i like the light colors.

When I see the image, first thing that come to my mind was “I want a tutorial” and next to it was the tutorial.

I think it’s realy inpolite to read peoples mind befor they even think. O_o

Haha, I know… It’s a curse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Beautiful work, it seems like a painting!
And I love the atmosphere!
Compliments… and thank you for the tutorial