Salvage boat

It is my first thread here that is why let me say hello everybody. I am from Poland and I have been playing with Blender since 2008. I started wit version 2.43. Now it is already 2.73. Some tiny progress :evilgrin:
I would like to present you my current project, the Polish salvage boat from the 1960’. Recently my computer crushed, so I lost part o my work. But I am recovering :yes: Here you have a clay render. I am working once again on the textures and shaders.

Cheers

Attachments

welcome! and nice model!

Welcome to the forum! Looks great! Can’t wait to this with materials. :slight_smile:

very nice! Do you have wire-frame views?

looks gorgeous already. Can’t wait to see more.

Welcome to BA forum :slight_smile: and the modelling work on this piece is great.

Can’t wait to see this once textures and materials have been applied.

Fantastic work so far :smiley:

Thanks all of you for nice comments. I keep working. Cheers

is it under water? the guy was kinda turnoff :confused: it feels like the boat is under water at the moment. looks great tho, keep it up!

It looks very good! Keep it up :slight_smile:

McGavish
This clay render is an effect of your tips. Thanks once more.

End of modeling and texturing. Despite of the “failure” of the computer the model eventually came to life. Lesson “cycles” finished with success. I got addicted to it :smiley: I need it only to be faster … As for the model, I’ll try again to insert it in some marine scene. However I regard the project called “R-33” to be finished. What is your opinion?

http://s26.postimg.org/720h2np4l/R_33_30_01.jpg

Cheers!

Hi!
How do you find this picture? I tried to achieve an effect of old photo. I thik it is close to my wish. But I have no idea how to make a wake :frowning:

Attachments

I think the problem is, that is clearly visible that the end of the water is close. I would make the water a bit larger. And one more tip from me - my favourite. Make there a sand or earth that will be under the water - as the buoy signalises that the water is not very deep. Give some transparency to the shader of the water and you will see how will this make a wonderful combination. Good luck :wink:

Nice Modeling :slight_smile: