Ico V - Destroyed planet

Hey everyone, been about a year since I posted on this forum and it’s also been a year since I started using blender.

I took a 5 month break from Blender and 3d modeling and general and I wanted to to a small project to get back into the swing of things.

I settled on an exploding planet which I called Ico V.

I’m not too sure on what destroyed the planet I’m conflicted between a superweapon or an all-out space battle.

So, what do you guys think? Please give constructive and honest feedback. If there is anything you’d like to see added feel free to suggest it as well.

Thanks

Attachments

Here is the same thing just with a yellowish-red core that you would expect a planet to have.

The glare isn’t as bright on this one because I wanted to make it look like most of the gas that had been emitted has dissipated.

Did you follow the Tutor4u tutorial? I did as well and it taught me quite a lot!
I really love the blue glow and the glare really adds to it! I would be quite cool if you could separate the larger chunks on the surface (mainly on the top half) and have the light come through the gaps? Like you have as the bottom half.
Looks good!

Yeah I followed the tutorial so I could see the settings he used. I might separate the pieces.