Confused By Sky Textures

I apologize in advance if this was the incorrect section to post this, or if this question has already been asked and answered. I honestly haven’t used nodes in Blender much at all, so I’m sorta a newb to that part of the software (so this will probably be cringe-worthy for some of you, sorry about that). Thanks in advance!

So, the basic story is that recently I’ve been using the “How to Make a Cave with Blender” tutorial to (as the name would suggest) make a cave in Blender. Now, approx. 16 minutes into the video, Andrew (the dude doing the tutorial) started talking about something called “Sky Textures”. He began his process by clicking a “Use Nodes” button that was in the World panel under Surface. His sidebar looked like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358102[/ATTACH]

He then clicked the “Use Nodes” button which changed the Surface part of his sidebar to so…:

…and added two nodes called Background and World Output to his Node Editor.

Then he clicked the circle next to Background which opened up a menu from which he selected “Sky Texture”. (I’d be adding pictures here, but I can’t upload any more files :P.) Upon selecting this selection (yep, that’s the word I’m going with), he obtained a new node by the name of (you guessed it) “Sky Texture”. At this point I decided to try this sorcery for myself.

So I immediately went to my World panel to seek out the magical “Use Nodes” button and found this:

(Sorry, couldn’t fit it all in one screenshot)

So, as you can see, there is no “Use Nodes” button for me. In fact, I can’t even find the Surface section. I tried playing around with the node editor a bit to see if I could get the “Sky Textures” node another way, but I simply can’t figure it out. I’ve been stuck on this for a few hours now (I have no life), untill I finally decided to seek out help, and thus I am here.

So, to sum it up, my question basically is: Where is the “Use Nodes” button? And, if it has somehow ceased to excist, is there another way to get the “Sky Textures” node or something that functions in the same way?

Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance for the responses. :smiley:
(And sorry for the ramble.)

You are using a different render engine to that being used in the tutorial. The fact that you have to change from the default renderer is not mentioned in the tutorial.

At the top of the blender interface change the render engine from ‘Blender Render’ to ‘Cycles Render’