[Feature Requset] Modeling transporting detail from similar regions

Hey,

Blender 2.73a introduced the option to select similar regions, but it lacks one important feature (in fact it’s pretty weak without it).

An option to select one region (isolate it), add the detail to it (like loops, extrusions, additional stuff) and project it to earlier similar regions. Here’s an example I’ve put up:

There’s two extruded faces from the plane that work as the similar regions, we isolate one of the bumps and add a loop to it, then we project that to the other similar regions.

Critique or a workaround? Thanks!

so you mean modify one of them, then add the modification to simular areas?

@FinalBarrage, Yes.

ye i dont know of any way to do that. think it would be really usefull.

While it would be great the one potential issue I see is that when you make the modifications it may not quite see the modified area as ‘similar’ anymore (granted I am not using the very latest version so I haven’t tried the feature myself). Thus it would need some sort of system to go back X steps to see if there were any areas similar to the one you want to copy over.

@Userpay, that’s the point of isolating, - Blender captures the region before modification, finds the similar regions, gives you the ability to modify the region and then it transports the detail, simple enough, since the regions are similar due to topology, not proportions so all modifications will work well.